For IDSE Level 6, the qualification is assessed via 2 closed book written exams (1 EA for both units) that comprises of total 150 marks in each assessment. The candidate must obtain 50% marks in order to pass the exam and he/she gets 5 hours for each exam.
The diploma has been designed with an approach so that the candidate can easily establish, implement, maintain, manage and continuously improve the OH&S management system based on any standard including OHSAS 18001 or ISO 45001 that is yet to be released.
Where Unit 1 deals with generic occupational health and safety information of OH&S, the Unit 2 is more focused on enabling the candidate with core knowledge of engineering design assessments, material failure modes, incident investigations, reliability engineering, structure analysis, equipment selection, engineering risk assessment, engineering control designs and assessments, mathematical and geometric calculations and much more.
- Element 1: Assess the planning of an OH&S Management System from continual improvement perspective
- Element 2: Assess the established & Implemented OH&S Management System from the continual improvement perspective
- Element 3: Review and assess the efficiency and effectiveness of the inspection and audit process for OH&S Management System
- Element 4: Review and assess the efficiency and effectiveness of Management Review process for the OH&S Management System
- Element 1: Assess and apply basic principles of Chemistry at the workplace for occupational health and safety
- Element 2: Assess and apply basic principles of Physics at the workplace for occupational health and safety
- Element 3: Assess various inspection techniques and their applications for mechanical equipment
- Element 4: Assess the designs of tools, equipment or structures for their reliability for use in a given environment from an occupational health and safety perspective
- Element 5: Assess the occupational health and safety risks from electricity at the workplaces
- Element 6: Assess the occupational health and safety risks from fire at the workplaces
- Element 7: Assess the occupational health and safety risks from nuclear and other radiations hazards
- Element 8: Assess the Biological health hazards at the workplace and the application of suitable controls
- Element 9: Assess the significance of engineering controls against a range of hazards at the workplaces
- Element 10: Assess the requirement of information Technology for Occupational Health and safety within the workplaces
- Element 11: Assess various mechanical devices used in industries for Occupational Health and safety at the workplaces for their suitability of use in specific environments